Level 3 C# Scripting and Plugin Development for Rhino/Grasshopper
October 26–28, 2020
10 AM–5 PM CET
Hosted on Zoom by McNeel Europe
McNeel Europe offers the first Level 3 course in C# Grasshopper
Scripting and Plugin Development for those who already have an intermediate understanding of C# programming, object-oriented programming, and the basic geometries of RhinoCommon. This course will go more in-depth with the RhinoCommon library, beyond just geometry objects. You will also learn some fairly advanced concepts in the C# language, allowing you to tackle computationally intensive problems (e.g., simulations, complex geometry processing with a lot of data). The course provides a balanced mix between learning programming skills and algorithmic problem-solving for geometric design.
The following topics will be covered in the three days:
- Custom graphics display (custom colors, materials, styles, etc.)
- More in-depth topics about Rhino geometries (Curves, Surfaces, Meshes)
- Understanding and efficiently using Grasshopper data types
- Programmatically interacting with Rhino modeling environment from Grasshopper (e.g., Rhino objects, lights, layers) such as “baking” geometry
- Introduction to C# Delegates, treating functions/methods as objects
- Computational complexity: understanding code performance and scalability
- Spatial Data Structure: using RhinoCommon R-Trees to accelerate 3D searches, proximity checking, collision detection
- Parallel computation with the .NET Task Parallel Library
- Best practices organizing codes to maximize reusability and maintainability
- Using an external program libraries
- Discuss topics requested by participants (1-on-1 basis)
Intermediate understanding of the C# programming language, experience with Grasshopper plugin development.
Online course fees:
EUR 395,- (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers get a 50% discount (proof of status required). After payment has cleared, your seat is confirmed.
Max. number of participants for each course: 25. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled October 11.
Course language: English
Educational seats are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe!