In the attachment, I’m trying to create a solid text representation of each object name. The objects are stacked on top of each other so the position of each label is the same. I’ll boolean the object name from the solid (can do this manually) so that the name is left inscribed on each layer. The script gets the object name ok and increments the position (going up in Z). The problem is that every label (there’ll be about 20-30 layers in each model) is written on every layer so that obviously it’s not readable. I’m sure there are better ways of doing what I’m doing also - I haven’t done many Grasshopper scripts. Help would be much appreciated - it feels like it’s something quite simple. Thanks Ben
PS I’ve added a Rhino file like the one I’ll be processing
Grasshopper Add name to part.gh (12.9 KB)
RH Leaf 5 for testing.3dm (10.0 MB)