Transfer drafting views between files

I’m looking for a way to transfer drafting views from a “master” detail Revit file to the local “in-use” Revit file using Rhino.Inside. Ideally, the master detail file would not need to be open (or it would open on it’s own in the background and close on it’s own after the view is transferred).

The purpose is to have a central detail file that all projects can reference by selecting the type of detail and construction type relevant to their project…and Rhino.Inside would import that specific detail into the project for a starting point. Anyone happen to have a file that does something similar? Or reference to something that can get me on the right path? Thanks!

I like the idea.

A list of Construction Types that referenced a List of relevant details that would be copied from the file.

This is the most referenced post about the topic.

I’ll look at what others have done and try to figure out a way forward. It seems most just opt for the UI version with well named views (sorted in order).

1 Like

hi, I’m trying to execute the same idea. Have you found a solution to this problem yet ?

There is already a similar function available natively inside Revit… please check below.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-8DC49C5E-E0B0-41A1-8933-B62755A2FA07