Toolbar registry entry

Hi,

I am packaging my plugins using my own MSI installer. I am following the http://wiki.mcneel.com/developer/installingandregisteringaplugin guide. I would also like to register a custom toolbar.

Which registry should I edit so that the toolbar is also automatically loaded when the plugin is loaded.

Regards,

rajeev

@JohnM, can you chime in here?

If you give the RUI file the exact same name as the plug-in RHP file and install it in the folder containing the RHP file (or its parent folder) Rhino will automatically stage it in a writable location and open it at startup.

Can you please add this information to the wiki page that rajeev used as a guide?

Thank you for the info and the magic!. I have been trying various registry entries on my own in the meanwhile. I think I might have stumbled upon the following registry entry…

If I append the following key value to the location of the RUI file (in a writeable location), Rhino is able to display the toolbar automatically.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0x64\Scheme: Default\Window Positions\Docking Toolbars\Rui files

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Scheme: Default\Window Positions\Docking Toolbars\Rui files

Can I use this method? Also, while un-installing the plugin, I can delete the entries to reset the toolbars. Is it the right way to de-register the toolbar while un-installing?

You are correct, that is the V4/V5 registry location where Rhino saves/reads the list of open RUI files.