Text Tag Component with Rhino 7 Servers

I’ve switched to Rhino 7 servers and information rendered through Text Tag components is not displayed (generated) via the Viewer Api. Upon inspecting the page, I’ve noticed there is no additional HTML for Text Tag information?

Winston

Could you post an example definition where the text tags don’t work? I was not able to reproduce the issue.

It made more sense to focus on migrating to Viewer 3 vs spending time trying to figure out why this was happening in Viewer 2.

In Viewer 3, the additional HTML elements for my Text Tag components are there.

One thing I’ve noticed is that the hiding and revealing of these text tags based on camera rotation is worse. It used to work well - what has changed?

By worse, do you mean that it does not behave as expected? Can you provide examples?

Yes, by worse, I mean not behaving as expected. Below is a video for reference.

In Version 2, the text tags behaved as expected: visible unless a piece of geometry was passing in front.

Hello @winston

this issue should be resolved with viewer version 2.9.2. Please give it a try.

Cheers, Michael

Thanks Michael.

This has improved but I’m now having some tags not show up at all. They’re being assigned “display: none” on load, could this be due to their proximity to other geometry?

Hello @winston

first of all it’s great that this has already improved. Regarding the missing tags, can you try to move them away from the chair slightly? I think you are right that the proximity to the model is to close here and that’s why they are hidden.

If this doesn’t solve the issue, feel free to send me a link to the model on the platform (either here or via PM) so I can have a closer look at this.

Cheers, Michael

Hi Michael,

I tried moving the text tags in question further away from the geometry and it still didn’t display. For the moment, I’ve disabled these tags as there are greater priorities.

Thanks, Winston

Hello @winston

thank you for trying out to move the geometry further away. I will have a closer look at the issue.

Cheers, Michael

Hello @winston,

these issues should be resolved now on the platform an in viewer version 2.9.11.

Cheers, Michael