Testmarkup - Sketching in Rhino 8 - FUN STUFF!

This may be obviously a very handy feature, but… where is the eraser?

I’ve done many underlay sketches using a kind of hacky and uncomfortable connection between Photoshop and Rhino. Drawing directly in Rhino would be so much better if implemented correctly. Of course, I’m not looking for the same capabilities as in Photoshop but if you are curious about a pretty nice vector drawing program I can recommend the Concepts App.

If I set MarkupLayer to some other value, every time I exit the command viewport camera starts moving.

I know it’s a test command, but for me to be able to test it properly please:

1. Change the MarkupLayer setting from giving numbers to pointing to specific Layers by their name (including nested Layers)

2. Allow setting Colors with transparency.

3. More importantly than the second point: make every possible setting to be set by Layer.

4. Currently I can undo lines but I can’t redo them.

5. There must be some tool that would serve as an eraser, it should either affect only: a specific layer / current layer / all layers / only curves made by the TestMarkup command. The best would be to have different erasers for different linetypes.
    I should be able to prepare a couple of TestMarkup macros that would resemble different tools (pencil, pen, marker) this could just mean different linetypes. Of course, there can be a “global eraser” but for the ease of drawing specific eraser should only affect specific linetypes (so it should have some kind of filter built-in). This way we can avoid erasing underlying sketches while erasing the “marker” lines without fiddling too much with the layer-locking system.

6. The current implementation of line tapering in Rhino is very odd. - It’s a good start for showing the technical ability, but usability is not there. Currently it’s good for drawing horsehair worms and similar stuff.