Tekla 'Auto bolt' component doesn't work in Tekla 2019i

Hi everyone,

I am making a GH algorithm in which I enter bolts with ‘Auto bolt’ Tekla component.
It works all right in following setup: Win7 + Tekla 2017 SP5 + Rhino 6:

But I have troubles with same algorithm in following setup: Win10 + Tekla 2019i SP10 + Rhino 7:

GH itself doesn’t produce any error sign. Tekla on the other hand displays something on the bottom command line. Tekla support says this massage cannot be displayed full so I can only try to read what is written in those two partially visible lines:

at AutoBolt.AutoBolt.GetBoltsPlaneFromMainPart()
at AutoBolt.AutoBolt.CreateBolts()

Do anyone has any idea what is wrong?

Did you updated grasshopper Tekla link_2017 to grasshopper Tekla link_2019i?

Yes, Tekla link is updated. However this is on two different computers. I cannot check it on the same computer.

Hi all,

We pinpointed the issue with Patrycja so posting the solution here in case someone needs it.

When using the Auto Bolt component/plugin with only one input part, we need to duplicate that input part.

This is because some Tekla plugins like the Auto Bolt component expect a list of objects as input, but can still be used with only a single part as input. In that case the single part should be input as a list of one object, not as just a single object (the TS API is fussy about this). I can’t think of a good way to differentiate between the input modes through Grasshopper though, so we need to force a list by duplicating the input object.

You can’t tell up front what kind of input is required through the API, but one clue you could get is if you examine a manually inserted component and notice the input type is N Objects.

Which admittingly isn’t very obvious.

Cheers,

Sebastian

3 Likes

Hi,

You can make this. I am using Tekla 2022.