Tangents of one curve at division points

In Rhino i drawed three lines and put them in the grasshopper component curves. In the next step I divided these curves. My problem is, that the points aren’t on top of each other. I want the points like my reference picture. Now I have to find the tangents of one curves at the division points and use these tangents as the z-axis of a plane (plane normal). Next I have to solve the intersections between the planes and the other curves with points on. I am a Grasshopper beginnen and don’t know how to implement it. Can someone help?

Referenzobjekt.3dm.zip (12.9 MB)
Referenzobjekt.gh (10.5 KB)

Referenzobjekt edited v0.gh (16.0 KB)

almost the same as Quan Lis but with the normal planes and direction of the curves adjusted:
Re_Referenzobjekt.gh (20.0 KB)

Thank you guys!

At the end you have all points in one list/together. How can I get the points of each curve separate?

the points are in 3 branches of the Perp Frame output, you can separate them with Explode Tree
Right click and choose “match outputs” to get all branches.

Curves.gh (4.2 KB)
Screenshot 2023-06-01 171152

Now i have a similar problem. I have these two curves and want lines between them like in the pictures. Divide curve doesnt work to get the right result. I want to connect the corners with lines and then create lines between all the corner lines. I hope you can understand my problem.

You might want a solution like this
RE_Curves.gh (10.8 KB)

but the thing with a preset distance (2.15) will not work because the starting points for distance are not defined.
You also could read the grasshopper primer (imo the latest??)

1 Like

Thank you, thats how i want it! The Primer is very helpful.

Could you help me again please? I have a university project, we should create a bridge in Grasshopper. Now i have some lines and a beam cross section. I like to sweep the beam cross section along the lines. How can i create that?

Beam.gh (18.0 KB)
beam
lines

Who cares! Is saying that supposed to make your question sound more important or urgent? :roll_eyes:

No, i just wanted to explain for what i need the solution and that i am a grasshopper beginner. It should not sound as it used to be more important. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sounds like desperation to me.

1. Choose a descriptive title for your post
Don’t title your question Help! or I have a problem or Deadline tonight! , but actually describe the problem you are having.

question wasn’t cleer in deed but I’m almost sure that you mean sonmething like that:

RE_Beam.gh (17.4 KB)
Are you teaching or studying at university?
Joseph… since we are almost married now, Celia and me… :slight_smile:

1 Like

:question:

@CeliaNE started a new thread for this: