Surface Blend brain cramp

Guitar Body Contour.3dm (112.2 KB)

Hi everyone! I’m having trouble with the attached model. It’s going to be the body of an electric guitar. Imagine a 1.75” thick slab of wood, CNC routed. I have been working with Blend Surface (also tried Sweep2, Network Surface, Cage Edit) and I think I’m working too hard and missing a simple approach. My goal is to create a smooth, rounded transition from the top to the side, accurately matching the curve on the side and transitioning to the flat top surface. When I use Blend Surface, I end up with wonkiness at the two sharp points where the two surfaces meet. I have a feeling there is simple way to accomplish this. Thanks very much for your help! Tom

This photo gives you an idea of what I’m trying to accomplish:

Hello - attach via this button:

Keep in mind this is a public forum - confidential files can be sent to tech@mcneel.com with a link back to this topic in your comments.
If the file is large or complicated, Export the bits you are asking about to a new file and post that.

-Pascal

Thanks, Pascal! I did create a simple version of the model, containing only the relevant info. I exported it as a .3dm file format. When I attempted to upload that file, the thumbnail is ghosted, and I can’t select it. Maybe I should be using a different format? Tom

Hi Tom - 3dm is perfect - can you drag and drop the file onto your message? (right here in discourse I mean, the window you type into) That should work too. What OS are you on, Windows or Mac?

-Pascal

Okay, I’ll try this again. I’m using Mac BTW. Thanks again!
Guitar Body Contour.3dm (112.2 KB)

I also edited my original post, to include the files.

maybe this helps

Thanks! Yes, that’s super helpful. :+1: