Support for multiple rhino versions in plugin on mac

I’m trying to make an installer for a plugin using two versions of RhinoCommon for mac.
On Windows it’s possible to add more versions in the same .rhi file according to this post, https://developer.rhino3d.com/guides/rhinocommon/plugin-installers-windows/ and it works fine.
Is this possible on mac for the .macrhi?
I noticed that the .rhp file on mac is located the same place and guess it should have som kind of unique name.
If I put the .rhp files in folder as it’s done on windows it will not work.

I hope someone can help me :slight_smile:

/Maiken

@will - is this something you can help with?

This functionality isn’t part of the macrhi format.

If you’re developing a plug-in for public consumption then you could try the cross-platform package manager.

Thank you :slight_smile:

We are not going for packages right now but it looks great. We need to support Rhino 5 in the plugin as well, but we’ve found a solution making two installers for mac then.

Hi again
I found out that what was a solution last time was not quite good enough.

We have a plugin from Rhino to KeyShot and we support Rhino 5, 6 and 7. Because we want some of the new features in Rhino 7 we need two plugins on mac.
Unfortunately the Rhino 5 version of the plugin overwrites the Rhino 7. First I thought that GUIDs made the problem but even when they are different the version 7 get overwritten.
I tried to prevent the version 5 from loading by checking the RhinoApp.Version.Major inside the OnLoad method but that did not work.
If I disable the version 5 plugin in the PlugInManager and restart Rhino it helps but I can’t disable the plugin through code. At least it doesn’t work for me.
I have tried to delete the Rhino preferences and do that every time I try something new to make sure nothing unused is interferring with the plugin.

I’m stuck right now and have no clue on how to get on with this. Does anyone have ideas?
This is only a problem on Mac and the plugin is made in C# using RhinoCommon.

Regards, Maiken