Suggestion for future updates

Hey, I’ve already talked about it in the past, about the suggestion to make Rhino open empty and let the user open new projects/windows like most editing softwares on the Mac do (Adobe illustrator etc), but not everyone liked that idea so I have another suggestion: Keep opening window with startup but let the user change it in the preferences if he doesn’t like it, BBEdit made it that way and I think it is awesome that the user can choose his preferable way of work.

Hi Daniel,

Are you suggesting, to have an option to
Only open the splash screen and leave it at that.
From the splash screen the user can choose to browse for a file to open or select a new file (for a template)

It sounds like not a bad idea to me.

I’m not used to such behaviour, but I do find myself opening Rhino and only after all is fully loaded
I browse for the file to open and/or I drag a file in the empty instance.
Related to this: Recent files suggestion V6 and library

-Willem

That’s a nice idea Willem but I myself don’t like splash screens but when software offers them they usually add a ticking box to disable them, when someone opens Rhino for the first time that would be a very welcoming way to help the new users to get around the software and can be a great addition. About the empty software you’re probably not used to it because you’re a PC user but on the Mac many of the softwares out there for graphic design ( video-editing, programming) softwares behave that way and I think it’s more efficient, I don’t suggest to make it a default behaviour but rather provide that option for those who prefer it.