Star Pattern Facade

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding a tutorial I’m following for a star facade - # 182 : Cube Facade / GH Advanced Tutorial - YouTube

I’m having an issue with the data tree structure and the result I’m getting isn’t the same as what is shown in the tutorial. I would also like to modify the definition to apply this pattern to a single surface instead of the cube shown in the tutorial.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

GH Star Pattern Help.gh (20.0 KB)

I’ve had a go at applying it to a single surface but unfortunately I’m still not able to get the outcome I’m after.

What I’m trying to achieve:

What I currently have:

Pattern Update.gh (23.4 KB)

For one thing, there is a data tree mismatch between the Flow inputs. ‘Geometry’ has two branches while the other two have 400 branches. This makes it better but still not correct:

star_pattern_2023Feb9a.gh (34.0 KB)

I’m not sure Flow is the right component for this? Or maybe you have the inputs mixed up? I would think Sporph or SrfMorph might be more appropriate? But I’m not fully awake yet so for now, I won’t touch it further.

1 Like

Thanks, Joseph. It’s my first time using Flow in grasshopper so I’m open to other ways of achieving the same result. I’ll keep working with Flow for now and see if I can figure out the data tree errors I’ve made.