Snapshots plugin prototype in the latest WIP

Hi @lars, @nathanletwory,

• I tried the new snapshops. I’m having an issue that the previews/thumbnails do not refresh after I closed the file and opened it again, they are black boxes:

• Renaming 1 to 2, refreshed the icons, but it did not show the text on the rectangles

• Also I noticed that naming is the only way to have order on snapshots. It would be nice if I can manually reorder it in any way I want.

• Also the animation with the same setting you used Nathan is very slow and choppy, it takes about 18 seconds to transition between two snapshots. Also I cannot cancel or override in anyway. It’s stubborn into finishing that slow transition

• I made these snapshots in rendered mode and I save all the setting including viemode. But if I’m in wireframe and try to restore one it doe snot restore the viewmode back to rendered. Is this correct? Are you only saving object display mode? not global display mode?

• feature request: I’d like to run a presentation of snapshots in fullscreen, powerpoint style, and use the arrow keys on my keyboard to move to next/previews snapshot. Right now this is great for personal consumption but not for presentation without a fullscreen mode.

thx!

G