Small WISH: Multiple Selection in Selection Menu

In Selection Menu, it’d be nice if it’s possible to select the multiple items using Shift click, or Alt or Ctrl.

6 Likes

Added to the pile, thanks.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-45824

-Pascal

2 Likes

This is a must in Rhino 7. Here is another take on the idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Either multi-selection with Shift or adding ticks like this would do a wonderful job, especially with more than 5-10 objects in the selection menu list.

Also, I have a proposition for the “Select by object name” ("’_SelName") command, maybe as a secondary version of it activated via the command line with a prompt like “Region select”. It would be nice for this option to let you draw a window selection, then the “Select by object name” is activated immediately and its pop-up window should show you a list of only those objects that where fully or partially inside the pre-drawn region. This is a much more convenient way to browse across a limited number of objects. For the moment, I usually use the “Isolate” command to show only some objects, then use the “Select by object name” command to browse across them, but it’s a problem when I already had multiple objects isolated. I can use a secondary isolate command via script, bit sometimes it’s also in use. A region select of the objects to be subsequently selected by the “Select by object name” command is a much more intelligent way to limit the objects in the pop-up list of available objects.

This is a no-brainier imho.
100% support for this request.

I also support this request. +1

Hi all,

While I think giving that us options to play ‘whack em all’ like this game here:

I like to bring up this discussion started by @Jarek where I proposed some solutions to truly try to offer the user a lot more clarity and effective context to select precisely what we are looking for:

Best,

Gustavo

1 Like