On my system, UNDO appears to screw up styles. Here is a sequence that causes the problem for me.
- Draw a line vertical or horizontal line (1)
- Do offset something like 10-1/64" with a small fraction that is not within the resolution of the default style (Line 2)
- Do DIM between then ends. It shows a dimension that is rounded up.
- Draw another line anywhere (Line 3)
- Do File>Settings and change the annotation style length measurement to use 1/256 as the resolution.
[Now the dimension should be exact.]
Do UNDO until Line 3 is gone (twice).
At this point the line style still says that the resolution is 1/256 but new draw a new dimension and it uses the original resolution (e.g. 1/4).
Now manually change the FILE>SETTINGS resolution and new dimensions will use that resolution.
It appears to me that what is being displaced in the settings and Object Properties are not being kept in synchronization with the actual settings being used.