Sine curve on spiral

Hello!

I need some help… I’ve created a spiral using grasshopper components and I want to create a sine curve along that spiral. I’ve tried many hours and different scripts but I can’t seem to figure it out…

Can someone help me out with this?
sine curve along spiral.gh (15.6 KB)

Thanks in advance! :slightly_smiling_face:

maybe this help :slight_smile::

Yes I tried this one but I don’t want the sine curve in the Z direction… I want it along the X-Y plane. Hope you understand :sweat_smile:

You can use the tangent on the spiral point then with a cross product with Z find a lateral vector that will be used to move the points.
Something like that

spiral test.gh (8.4 KB)

I added in Nautilus some zig zag and others

3 Likes

oh okey cool, I’ll try it out now! I just have to download you plug-in first I think :slight_smile:

You don’t need my plugin. Just copy the components after the spiral and apply it to your spiral. I just put my plugin as I implemented some different spirals and some functions.

sine curve along spiral LD.gh (14.6 KB)

4 Likes

It works, thank you!! but I want to try the spiral component from your plugin bcs it looks a bit better :sweat_smile: I’m gonna try and download it!

it was better if you notify X-Y plane in your topic first.
i am late but using Delrieu plugin and extend:

1 Like

The spirals in my plugin, 2 are from Rhinocommon

2 Likes

well done,may i ask how you display view as frame in the grasshopper screenshot?

It is on the menu on the left of grasshopper. I am no more on my pc so I cant make a screenshot.

Thank you again for the help! :smiley:

I hope you found but as it could be useful for others

1 Like