Silver ankh

This is another hobby project of mine, just a small one to restore an item I lost a long time ago.

Worked from photo references (of course did some small changes of my own) and then had them 3D printed in sterling silver:

what are you doing with those fancy runen if i am not mistaken, reading it?

It’s rather geeky, but those books with the runes, the cloth map and the original ankh seen used as reference all came with a game released in 1985. I still had everything from the original box except for the ankh, so once I received the finished items, I took photos with the original props to see if they blended in.

What’s the game?

The game was called Ultima 4. It was a formative experience for me, with no big looming evil, no final boss to kill, just a lot of philosophy and the ultimate goal at the end of the game was to read a book. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Honestly, I would have expected a table top game or something. :slight_smile:

Yes, those early 80s computer games were very closely related to that.

Intersting! I grew up with the GameBoy, SNES and Playstation. These games mainly came with booklets with sparse instructions. :wink:
Did you order the ankh online? How much polishing did you do to bring it up to that chrome-like reflective surface or is that a rendering?

1 Like

Yes, I used Shapeways. I also used their polishing service and it’s apparently hand polished. They did an ok job for being cheap. If a professional silver smith would have done it, I would have expected them to be able to keep the chamfer sharper and polish the inside of the hole a bit better.

1 Like

I am a fan of Ultima IV and was looking for one of these Ankh’s on ebay, and then found this post, and now I’d really like one of these fancy new silver ones you’ve created! Can you get in touch with me? I’d like your help in making my own, and I’d also like to pay you for your work.