Selection window box not visible - missing outline

This is what should happen:
Dragging from right to left creates a Crossing Box (Dashed Lines) that selects all objects hovered over, regardless if the entire object has been enclosed by the selection square or not.
Dragging from left to right creates a Window Box (Solid Lines) that only selects objects that are completely enclosed within the selection square.

When I drag left to right, there is no box drawn, but if I judge that the invisible box encloses the object, the object is correctly selected.
When I drag right to left, an opaque FILLED rectangle is drawn, and if it encloses the object the object is correctly selected.

There are no bounding rectangle lines drawn, solid or dashed.

Changing colors in Tools>options>advanced> ( to change the color of the Box lines or fill)
Rhino.Options.Appearance.SelectionWindowCrossingFillColor
Rhino.Options.Appearance.SelectionWindowCrossingStrokeColor
Rhino.Options.Appearance.SelectionWindowFillColor
Rhino.Options.Appearance.SelectionWindowStrokeColor

results in the fill color of the right to left opaque box changing to the set colour , but still no selection box outline is drawn.

Using Rhino7 latest update, Win10, 16GB ram, etc…
This function used to work ( it worked yesterday - 20 Nov - today no more!)
Any Ideas?

Hi Joseph -
Please run the Rhino SystemInfo command and copy-paste the result here.
-wim

Sysinfo result-
Rhino 7 SR24 2022-11-4 (Rhino 7, 7.24.22308.15001, Git hash:master @ cb2ad12922ceb989b185972675bb705a00abb97d)
License type: Commercial, build 2022-11-04
License details: Stand-Alone

Windows 10 (10.0.19045 SR0.0) or greater (Physical RAM: 16Gb)

Computer platform: DESKTOP

Standard graphics configuration.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (NVidia) Memory: 4GB, Driver date: 7-21-2022 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 516.94
> Accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display attached to adapter port #0

Secondary graphics devices.
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 9-29-2016 (M-D-Y).
> Integrated graphics device with 3 adapter port(s)
- There are no monitors attached to this device!

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU’s maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 8x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 7-21-2022
Driver Version: 31.0.15.1694
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCAM 2022 for R7\RhinoCAM 2022 For Rhino7.0.rhp “RhinoCAM 2022 - The cutting edge CAM plug-in for Rhino 7.0 from MecSoft Corporation”

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.24.22308.15001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp “WebBrowser”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp “RhinoScript”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\AnimationTools.rhp “AnimationTools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 7.24.22308.15001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Legacy Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 7.24.22308.15001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Alerter.rhp “Alerter”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 7.24.22308.15001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.24.22308.15001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

When I change the STROKE or FILL colour in advanced options, the small box right of the option line changes colour, but the stroke lines are never drawn.

Thank You
Joe

Thanks, Joe -
What happens when you close all Rhino instances, navigate to %AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\, rename the 7.0 folder to, e.g., 7.0-backup, and then start Rhino? This will create a new profile with all options set to the factory-default ones.
-wim

Hi Wim,
I tried that -Closed Rhino, then renamed 7.0 to backup, start Rhino - a new folder 7.0 was created OK.
But the issue remained.
Looking at the Tool>options menus, I went through all I could understand and see that changed items remained changed, even after the new 7.0 folder was created, ie, the lines -

Rhino.Options.Appearance.SelectionWindowCrossingFillColor
Rhino.Options.Appearance.SelectionWindowCrossingStrokeColor
Rhino.Options.Appearance.SelectionWindowFillColor
Rhino.Options.Appearance.SelectionWindowStrokeColor

as I have changed to show new colours showed the new colours. I changed to yet different colours, saved my file, quite, did the 7.0 rename again, re-start Rhino, and those lines still have the latest new colors in them, so the ‘new’ profiles does not default everything…
I went through every item in the options menu and clicked on the ‘set to defaults’ option where available and tried anew, but the problem persists…
Joe

Found the Problem - in Options menu, last item ‘OpenGL’ , the antialiasing selections available are none,2,4 and 8.
Selecting anything other than 8 and the selection box works correctly. Select 8 and it fails.
No idea how 8 became selected - never fiddled with that - never needed to nor knew it was there!
Unless 8 was always selected and the latest update has an issue with 8? My graphics driver was updated in July, so don’t think that would be an issue as it worked since July till today…
Anyhow, all working again.
Thanks for your time and efforts to try help!

Joe

Thanks for the update, Joe!
-wim

Hi everyone,
I had also a problem both with selection box not visible and with manipulator disappearing when putting the mouse on it.
Triied to delete settings in %appdata% and to fully reinstall Rhino (6) but nether solved it.
For me solution was to delete Rhino 6 application’s settings into Nvidia manager (graphic card Nvidia M2000).