Select Name

Is there a way to make named parts appear in alphabetical or numerical order when searching by name…?
What I am getting now is of little use. Especially since my model eventually will have around 1000 pieces. I’ve never used this feature before…

Darius

SelectName

2 Likes

Hi Darius - thanks, I’ll add that to the heap. It should be easy to make a script in the meantime to sort those, I’ll take a look. Alphabetical looks correct, the numbers not…

@AdamBBLee Here’s a Python that may get it right…
SelNameEx.py (680 Bytes)

Use

! _-RunPythonSctript "Full path to py file inside double quotes"

to run it… Or just RunPythonScript

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-44460

-Pascal

1 Like

Well in this case I’m going back to what proven and tested; layers and sublayers. Thanks Pascal.

Darius

The numbers are sorted alphabetically too, since the names are just strings. That is why “12” comes before “2”.

Thanks, I can see it but in my case it won’t work. I would need them to be sorted by numerical order only.

Darius

The numbers are sorted alphabetically too, since the names are just strings. That is why “12” comes before “2”

1 Like

RH-44460 is fixed in the latest WIP

1 Like

Awesome! I remember writing about that issue in another topic long time ago. Glad to see that the natural order of object names is implemented now. :slight_smile:

Haven’t test it yet but thank you for fixing it.