Select curves with degree as filter, is there a way?

For instance, I would like to select only degree 1 curves in my model. There are hundreds of degree 1 curves and of hundreds of degree 3 curves. I need to rebuild the degree 1 curves but it is hard for me to know which are which without individually selecting each one. Is there a way to do this more efficiently?

edit: Got it! Sorry, I didn’t see select polylines. In any case, still a question I’d be curious to know about in the case of selecting degree 2 curves vs degree 3 curves.

Best,
Seth

Hi Seth, you’d need a script- not hard, I’ll make you one if I don’t have it laying around someplace.
OK, I did have one- see if this works:
SelDegree.zip (873 Bytes)

To use the script, extract and save the .rvb file from the attached zip archive, then drag and drop the saved rvb over an open Rhino V4 or v5 window. This will load the script, set it up to load on startup in the future and register the alias

SelCrvDegree
SeSrfDegree
SelCrvHighDegree
SelSrfHighDegree

that will run the script much like a regular command. An alias can be typed or added to a toolbar button or keyboard shortcut (F-key). The latter two aliases listed select above the degree you specify.

-Pascal

Beautiful, thank you!
-Seth

Hi Pascal,

I get a VB Script error: variable is undefined “OldDeg” Line 112, Char 13.

I’m running the latest v5 64-bit on win 7 pro.

dh

Hi Declan- yep, got that- thanks:

Fixed: SelDegree (2).zip (878 Bytes)

-Pascal