Script messages on startup +DotNet error

When I start my computer I get the two attached pop-ups.
The first one I always get:

The second one I get if I answer no to the first:

Rhino6-vbs

I don’t think I should be getting the first one anyway!
Also when I upgraded to version 6.8.1820.20051 I got this RhinoDotNet error. (I’ve been getting the popups before and after the upgrade.)

@brian - any idea…?

-Pascal

Hi, That RhinoDotNetCrash.txt file error will be fixed in 6.9. Feel free to delete that file whenever you see it.

Also, it looks like, somehow, your computer is set up to run “C:\Users\Public\Documents\Rhino6\Rhino6CU.reg” every time Rhino starts. Probably the simplest thing to do is to delete that file.

Another thing to do is to search your registry for that filename:

1. From the start menu in Windows, type RegEdit and press Enter.
  2. From the Edit menu, click Search then search for C:\Users\Public\Documents\Rhino6\Rhino6CU.reg
  3. When you find it, please take a screen shot of your registry editor and post it here.

My guess is that we’ll just need to delete a registry key that tells Windows to run this.

Hi Brian,
First thing I tried was to rename the file Rhino6CU.reg, but the popup still popped when I restarted.
Then I searched the Registry for that file path and came up with nothing.
What does that file do?

I don’t know; we don’t create that file. Can you search the registry for just “Rhino6CU.reg”?

@brian do we really have a vbs for starting rhino?

Would probably interesting to see that file…

Brian, I did a registry search for Rhino6CU.reg with no results!

If I open the file in Notepad, I get this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\License Manager]
“Server”=“SLMS-S-LIC-P1”

I wonder if it is a script that the university IT guys put in to direct Rhino to the license server? Although it doesn’t seem to make a difference whether it runs or not.

Nick

Ah, I didn’t realize this was a computer managed by your university; yes please check with them - this isn’t something we do.

OK, will do!