Positioning some screwed elements into a plate with holes relative to the object’s screws I’m using to group each element with its screws in order to move it easier but I can’t find the way to group it all together (object and screws + plate holes).
I think that I can reach something good for this particular situation using some cylinders to make the holes with history and then group those cylinders with the object and hide them. That would suppose to make the holes follow the group where the cylinders are hidden. Anyway, counting on the weakness of the History I don’t think it’s a reliable method.
So here we go again with the simplified question:
Is it possible to group an object and a subsellection?
Is it possible to save a selection of concrete objects?
I’m attaching some pics…
1. The object, screws, holes and plate in question:
2. Grouping the object and the screws:
3. Adding the holes to the selection with Ctr+Shifh+Sel.Window:
4. This is the point where I would like to save/group this selection (object and screws + plate holes) in order to handle future movements easier, so when the plate is full of components the subselection becomes more complicated and makes me move to the wireframe display mode and use lots of camera movements…
5. Moving the selection and saying goodbye to it before unselect…
Thank you very much!!