Running Rhino 7 in batch mode

Hello together,

i want to automate my application in rhino, so i’m working in batch mode. I was able to run rhino and grasshopper in batch mode. Hovewer, rhino pops up, when I run the following code in cmd:

“C:/Program Files/Rhino 7/System/Rhino.exe” /nosplash /runscript=" _-RunPythonScript GrasshopperRhinoInterfaceScript.py"

I saw same questions in forum, but nobody solved this problem in python (at least I didn’t see it). Is there a way running rhino 7 without popping up. Some other softwares use commands like ‘-batch’. Is there also such a command in rhino?

Hi -

Perhaps the following is what you are looking for?

-wim

1 Like

Of course now it would be just Rhino 7 or perhaps even Rhino 8 WIP.

1 Like

grafik
Thank you for your response Wim and AIW. I tried rhinoinside. However, I got this error. Do you have any idea, why did I get this error and how can I solve it?
Little translate to english: “the given assembly name or the code basis is unvalid” :smiley:

any idea?

Can you provide a little insight on what it is your gh definition is trying to do? It may help with making a recommendation

You definitely don’t need this for the way you are starting Rhino. That is for running Rhino inside of CPython and that is not what is being done here.

You should be able to do what you are trying to do with our external access technique. Here’s a post where something similar was done

HEEDS would launch a vbs file with the script to launch and run Rhino. In the script you would call
RunScript "_-RuntPythonScript GrasshopperRhinoInterfaceScript.py"

Here’s a sample
https://developer.rhino3d.com/api/rhinoscript/rhino_properties_methods/runscript.htm