Rolls Royce Phantom 1 Jongheere Coupe 1935

Built in 1925 as Phantom 1, the vehicle was given a new body in 1935 by Jongheere / Belgium. The vehicle is considered to be one of the most beautiful coupes ever built.
Unfortunately, there are no particularly good drawings of the car on the Internet - some have windows that do not even exist on the original - so the replica will not necessarily correspond 100% to the original - it doesn’t matter - I like it. All parts except the fenders and Emily were made as nurbs. So - and one more small note - you should revise the rounding function thoroughly - it often makes your hair stand on end.
Have fun looking at it.
Regards
Rainer!

8 Likes

I’ve seen the real one at the peterson museum,this is very well done!

thanks for sharing!

Excellent!

May you show its shaded view? :slight_smile:

but of course - once shaded !

1 Like

Admirable work!

A few questions :slight_smile:

1- How do you obtained its accurate characteristics (dimensions …etc)?

2- Which methods did you use in Rhino to design the parts (the stages of your works)?

3- Are those parts integrated, or separate, and you assemble them later?

Hi there,
So - you can’t get the exact dimensions anywhere - you can’t measure the vehicle - but - there are some providers on the Internet, e.g. Blueprint.com, where you can buy more or less good drawings - I use the Google image search to download the reduced images of it - I load it into Rhino and scale it up - then you have top view, sides, front and rear view - but they often don’t go together - unfortunately … For the details I look for photos and design the parts accordingly.
The Rolls is created on the main part of the bodywork - bonnet, passenger compartment and rear by means of a guide line and cross-section - the fenders are constructed with SubD - the wheel arches are then cut out with curves from the surfaces that have been converted into nurbs - this is easier, faster and cleaner than then Modeling the wheel arch in SubD - after more than 30 years on the Cad, I try to keep constructions as simple as possible for myself - that’s why (to 3.) I separate constructions into individual parts if possible, which I then connect - I work with Rhino now for about 5 months (I bought privately for my own designs) and I am constantly discovering new things that I can do with it - hehe.
Regards
Rainer

1 Like

Oh sir, I really didn’t know you have had such a long record in CADs, though your work shows you are a master. I’m seven years old in CADs LOL

I started with AutoCAD 2008 (6 years and put it away later), 4 years with Catia, and 3 years with Rhino.

Rhino is the most flexible, fast, and comfortable engineering software, but it doesn’t mean it is easy! It has so many techniques that are not countable, and it gets more and more every year. Some of these techniques should be learned, and some should be discovered. I follow both ways to progress gradually.

Thank you for the explanation and guidance :slight_smile: