RhinoCycles: Finding CUDA multi-card setup

Continuing the discussion from Rhino 6 WIP > RhinoCycles:

I’ve created a small program for some textual output only. @bisenberger, could download the ccsycles_diag program (~4MB) and run the run.bat file on your multi-GPU rig? It should produce a log.txt. If you could attach that in a reply.

Output from anyone else with a multi-CUDA setup would be appreciated too.

This program has a fix that should give the multi device also as first it if it exists before single CUDA devices. This way is faster than going the Rhino WIP update round-trip :smile:

Thanks in advance!

/Nathan

Hi Nathan,
My home computer is the multi-GPU rig. I’ll run your program when I get home, later today.
Thanks,
Bill

Cool, no hurries! :smile:

/Nathan

Hi Nathan,
Here’s the log:
log.txt (582 Bytes)

Still just using one GPU after running the diag program.

:frowning: This should’ve picked the multi device, if my understanding was correct. Back to the byte-pushing board.

Yes, no fix yet in the plugin. I’ll first have to get the diagnostics program to select it properly. Once that is done it should be available in RhinoCycles. Until I have direct access to a multi-CUDA setup (@andy…?) we’ll have to do it this way. I type code, update the ccsycles_diag program, ask you @bisenberger to run it and post the log.txt :smile:

It is great to have an active user base! For now this is just like I am used to from my days as active Blender developer :smiley:

I’ll poke you again when I’ve got an updated ccsycles_diag.

edit Ha! I already found my mistake. Was checking the wrong string for occurrence of “CUDA”. Please download the ccsycles_diag program again, and repeat the steps I asked for. Thanks in advance, again!

/Nathan

Good news @bisenberger. Today @andy ensured access to a multi CUDA setup for me. The latest changes I made actually had ccsycles_diag recognise the multi setup as first CUDA card. These changes have now been ported to Rhino WIP as well, so it looks like this should work in the next Rhino WIP update.

Thank you for your efforts in getting to the bottom of this with me! Much appreciated :smile:

/Nathan

Cool! Looking forward to the next WIP.