RhinoCommon .NET version

Hi - Could I pls get confirmation on the .NET version that RhinoCommon v6 needs to be built with? (I’m assuming it’ 4.5, but just wanted to be sure).

Thanks

Paul

1 Like

Yes, RhinoCommon for V6 is currently targeting .NET 4.5. We will be switching to VS2015 when it is released and at that point I will look into targeting .NET 4.6 (which we probably will do since their 64bit jit compiler is supposed to be much better.)

1 Like

Thank Steve.

Rhino.RhinoApp.MainWindow() is gone, so how do you get the IWin32Window handle for a Show()?

Where does the Id come from for Rhino.Render.Utilities.SafeFrameEnabled(id)?

protected override void CreatePreview(CreatePreviewEventArgs args) - how do you get the PreviewContent you are creating the preview for?

Also - would be great to be able to have a panel within a custom RenderMaterial be able to grow whilst other panels stay the same size (ie. when the material panel is resized).

And a bug…I have modified the material in the Material panel - and you can see that the material tree has redrawn in the Rhino Properties material tab, but it has not updated in the Material panel where I made the change. (see the material panel tree is different to the Property panel tree - the later is the correct one, but I made the change in the former).

Thanks

Paul

There is an additional assembly next to RhinoCommon called RhinoWindows that you can reference. This assembly has a class called RhinoWinApp which will let you get at the IWin32Window. RhinoWindows is supposed to contain Windows specific functionality (there’s a RhinoMac on Mac too.)

For the other questions, I’m going to have to defer to @andy

Awesome - thanks Steve.

Paul

I’m afraid it’s a little early to deal with this particular problem in WIP, because we’re right now figuring out how to do this in a cross platform way within the RDK (Material editor sections) controls. In fact, the RDK itself is about to undergo a giant transformation in terms of architecture in WIP.

This won’t affect you all that much, but this issue is one of the things we’ll be looking at closely.

• Andy