Rhinocommon menu

Hi,

We’re looking at adding some rhino menus for the Geometry Gym plugins.
I can see from previous discussions that this isn’t supported by rhinocommon.
I guess I can make a separate plugin based on RhinoDotNet simply for creating a menu, but would prefer not too (by the way, as previously posted, the sample links for this are dead).

We can manually make the menu using the .RUI, but the problem is that Rhino doesn’t seem to “Merge” menus with the same root name. This is a problem for us with several plugins, I don’t wish to create a new Root menu for each plugin as this will be an intrusion.

We could make one .rui for all plugins, but that confuses users as they have commands visible that they might not have installed.

Any suggestions for how to best handle this?

Thanks,

Jon

I will have to give this some thought. There is a provision for extending existing Rhino menus using a RUI file but nothing for allowing multiple RUI files to share a single custom menu. We have some menu access tools in our old RhinoDotNet assembly but will be phasing that out at some point. I will poke around in the RhinoWindows assembly and see if there is anything there.

3 Likes

If it’s possible to share the old rhinoDotNet assembly example for the interim, that would be appreciated.
For future releases of Rhino, it might be prudent to consider if the menu uses the same root name (ie “GeometryGym” or “Plugins” ) that these might be collated.

Thanks,

Jon