Rhino WIP Feature: New Layer Visibility Control (Obsolete)

Hi @weekenlwk,

I have not been able to repeat what you’ve shown in a new, simple model. Can you provide step-by-step instructions?

Thanks,

– Dale

Hi @dale. I think maybe the layer state restoration cause the problem, kindly see more details below.

step1:
four objects in different layers

step2:
turn off layer A manually and save as the first layer state

step3:
turn off layer B &D manually and save as the second layer state

step4:
restore layers by the first state

step5:
restore layers by the second state

step6: (the trouble appears here)
turn on layer D by the default layer visibility bulb and will see another layer visibility bulb not lightening and the object will not be shown for certain

Hope you can repeat now

2 Likes

Hi @weekenlwk,

Thanks, I’ve logged the issue.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-73238/Layer-State-restore-issue

– Dale

A post was split to a new topic: Layer States - restore model visibility to layout/detail visibility

I confirm that the latest V8 build resolved this issue,
thank you everyone

2 Likes

Hi Max -

I’ve added this as RH-73251 Layer: Copy current state to new details
-wim

1 Like

RH-73238 is fixed in the latest WIP

Is there any way to lock the Model on/off to stay sync’d with the Layer on/off?
We use layer structures that have repeated construction sublayers and to make it easy to turn them all on/off we use a python script.

rs.LayerVisible(layer,False,False)

If the layers are set to off in Model, then the script is unable to turn them back on. This has lead to some confusion, but I’m wondering if there is something simple I can do to ensure all layers are always on in Model so the script continues to work?

Is it possible to hide objects in certain views only without using the layers tab? Is this feature in the works in rhino8? Would be great to have this as well.

In a layout’s detail you can use hideindetail but not in a viewport.

Whoa ok. So this command hides the selected object in the detail view?

This is good to know. Thank you. Is it available in the WIP only?

I don’t know if it will change anything but you can express your need here, maybe this can gain some attention.:

I would like to manipulate modeling views in a more flexible manner, especially hiding objects.