Rhino WIP Feature: Constraints

I didn’t say it was. I just saw your top 15 were kind of broad so I was hoping to hone in on your problems.

Well I was trying not to get too off topic here but it’s fine. Thank you for linking the posts. It seems like a lot (most [all]) of the problem for you is selection. I get it. The CTRL+Shift approach for subobjects is time consuming and awkward. I don’t have any good answers about marquee/paint select outside the commands which you’ve already been pointed to quite a few times. The one reason I can think is making those default for selection breaks muscle memory users have built with dragging objects but I know that doesn’t help you.

As for this one:

Hopefully I’m not spilling the beans on anything but there are two advanced options being tested right now that might help.

Rhino.Options.General.MouseOverHighlight
Rhino.Options.General.MouseOverHighlightSubObjects

With both those options set to True the object you’re about to select will highlight and if CTRL+Shift is held down the subobject you’re about to select will highlight. One quirk I noticed is it quickly becomes painfully obvious how bad selection can be (even in a simple example a SubD edge behind a face will highlight even though it’s not visible). It also looks like the SubDs aren’t highlighting correctly. I’ll log that.

Mouse_Over_Highlight

It’s in the WIP so you can check it out and let us know what you think.

Also, I know it’s time consuming to type this up so thank you for doing so.

2 Likes