Rhino Wip 6 / display problems in wireframe / shaded mode

Hi!
I have a display-Problem on a mac mini (Macmini 6,2 / OSX 10.13.6): the wireframe-mode does not work as expected, also in the shaded mode, when surface edges are displayed. From a simple cube only some outlines are shown, on a more complex model black triangles appear between the lines (as seen in the screenshots).

This problem does not appear on my mac pro with the same software configuration…
Rhino 5 displays the same files without issues on both macs.

Best regards, Martin

Software_Hardware_Infos.txt (10.4 KB)

Hi!
I unfortunately submitted one wrong screenshot - this is the right one:

Hi, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Are you still having these display issues? If so, can you provide the 3dm and also check if restoring these display modes to defaults makes a difference. This can be done in Rhino’s preferences (CMD + ,) > Display > then select the mode’s name to use the gear icon at the bottom of the preferences.

Hi Brian!

Thanks for your reply - one of the last WIP-updates did fix the problem. Now these display modes work as expected.

But in the meantime I realized another issue with the display mode „raytracing“: objects always render similar to arctic mode in shaded white. It is not possible to display any material color. This occurs on my mac pro and my mac mini, so I assume, this feature is not implemented yet?

Best regards from Austria,

Martin

design by koppenwallner

Linke Glanzeile 23 / 5020 Salzburg / Austria

Mobil: +43/ (0)680/ 20 81 250

Tel: +43/ (0)662/ 89 07 15

office@design-by-koppenwallner.at

www.design-by-koppenwallner.at

Hi Martin - just to make completely sure, you are applying materials to the objects or layers and still these render white in Raytraced? What do they look like in the Rendered display mode?

Make sure the Raytraced mode settings are all at their defaults. Preferences > Display Modes > Raytraced | Restore Defaults

Hi Wim!

Yes, I applied materials to the objects and they look correct in rendered display mode.

In the meantime I tried the advice of Nathan to restore defaults in the preferences of Raytraced display mode - this worked! :slight_smile:

Many thanks for your help!!

With best regards

Martin