Rhino.inside.revit GH definition

I’ve just downloaded the rhino.inside.revit plug in and it’s looking pretty promising for my workflow.

The bad news is that I’ve never used grasshopper before so I was hoping someone could share a simple GH definition to import revit geometry into rhino (bonus point if I can select specific geometry to bring in).

Cheers

the simplest way to do this is to place a Graphical Element component in grasshopper, Right Click on the component, select Revit object(s), then right click again and Bake.

be sure to check out the guides for the latest workflows and how it all works. Rhino.Inside®.Revit

2 Likes

Hi @robneto.eng,

You can use ‘Geometry Cache’ component to keep your geometry synchronized in Rhino.

Bake-Revit-To-Rhino

Bake-Revit-To-Rhino.gh (6.6 KB)

4 Likes

Is this geometry cache came with v0.5? Until now, I didn’t realize we have this ability :slight_smile:

It comes in vanilla Grasshopper :smiley:
You can use it with any other geometry you are able to reference from Grasshopper.

1 Like

I was using something like this but my problem is that I need to bring entire buildings into rhino, and it seems to be too much geometry for this to handle.

I know I can bake it in parts, just a few elements at a time, till I get the full building. The issue there is that would take forever, just selecting everything would be a pain.

I’m not sure if there’s a more efficient way of doing this tough