Rhino doesn't remember viewport layout state

I typically work in a full screen floating viewport on screen 2 while either having a regular 4 viewport layout or one of those maximized open on screen 1.

I find myself finding a layout viewport always opening in main Rhino window when I open a file I worked on previously. Just now, the top viewport has placed itself over the maximized layout viewport (the other, active, Top view is the floating one) (see image) but sometimes all 3D viewports are hidden by the layout viewport.

This happens even though I don’t even use the layout in this file (the layouts are part of my template).

Hi @Wim, i have a similar problem in RH6. When i work in a maximized perspective viewport, save, then reopen the file, it opens in maximized right viewport. The funny thing is that the thumbnail shows the perspective viewport but it seems it is not remembered properly.

_
c.

Hi @Wim, i see this in V6. Any news why the viewport is not remembered ?

_
c.

Hi @clement - restoring windows, viewports, and panels will likely remain to be somewhat buggy in Rhino 6. I haven’t seen that behavior in the WIP for Rhino 7 for a while now, though.
-wim