Rhino.Compute Javascript examples (using three.js)

Hi,

I’m trying to test the samples provided here: https://github.com/mcneel/rhino-developer-samples/blob/7/compute/js/SampleGHMaterial/script.js

the results do not appear in my browser although I’m getting a 200 from the Rhino.Compute.

result:

from compute:

appreciate your help

3 Likes

Can you check the browser developer console and see if there are any errors there?

Thanks for replying.

There seams to be a whole bunch of these:

Have you tried any other samples? I will pull these and see if I get the same errors.

Samples using GH are not working for me, other samples that don’t pass a GH file are working fine.
from SAMPLEGHEXTRUSIONS:

And you are running a local compute server?

yes correct

I’m also getting an error when trying the examples that include a GH definition (the delaunay example just works fine).

Maybe that is the same issue?

are you also getting 200 response from the rhino.compute console?

No, in my case it’s just the one that’s showing up.

But I got the same issue that the sliders are working but I can not see the geometry in my browser window (just the loading icon) …

but you ran the rhino.compute server before testing the example right?

yes exactly

I found an issue in a few of the examples. These have been fixed and pushed to the repo. Basic issue was how we format the return values from compute. That seems to have changed at some point and thus broke the samples.

I recently cloned the repository and i’m still having the same issue as Haschke…

Can you please report the version of compute you are using?

I’ve updated the appserver examples. Please pull the changes and see if this fixes the issues you were having.

Hello,

I have cloned the latest repo to test out rhino compute as local server.
My browser is listening the localhost:8081.

After running the appserver following this instruction
examples from localhost:3000/examples doesn’t show any geometries, only sliders and the loading icon spins indefinitely.

There are some error messages on the browser’s dev console saying DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://iplppiggblloelhoglpmkmbinggcaaoc/app/content.js.map: System error: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

I don’t know what is causing this whole issue, and I would appreciate if anyone can help fixing it.
Thank you.

Hello. Is this with all of the examples?

Yes, unfortunately all examples.