Rhino 8 Print PDF

Hi Mary & Co. I am also experiencing issues with printing PDF’s from Layouts using Technical Display + Monochrome.

HI Tim,

Can you provide your Rhino SystemInfo and steps (ideally with a file) to repeat? Thanks!

Hi Japhy. I have compiled a Zip-file + send my SystemInformation to tech@.

The mail has a very long Subject, so it will be more easy for you to find it:slight_smile:

In the mail, I am also describing a very persistent bug dealing with blocks which are “Embedded and Linked”. Please get make to me with a timetabel for solving that issue as soon as possible. // Tim

RH-79582 is fixed in Rhino 8 Service Release 4

Sorry to say. We are NOT there yet. I have just tested the DuJourBuild build from 17.January, and I still have som issues with Technical DisplayMode and Printing in Vectors where some Layers are turned off and some Detail-Views are UpsideDown after ParallelReflected has been activated in another Detail…,
I will test further tomorrow and mail with Bernat in the European Timezone :slight_smile:
Other Issues are related to Monochrome DisplayMode when used in a Detail in Layout and 1 in 9 fails to show the “Ambient Occlusion”/GI/Softshadows in the View

Hi Tim -

I didn’t find any details in parallel reflected in the file you posted and I wasn’t able to reproduce any upside-downs. If you still see this in the 8.4 that Bernat sent you, please post a file that only contains the details that are applicable or a more detailed description of which detail on which page you are seeing something wrong.

I did see that occluded objects were being drawn in the vector PDF output. This issue is on the list as RH-79808 Print: Vector PDF output from technical - issue sample file - II

When a camera is inside a wall, the result will be thereafter.
-wim

I would expect that a wall or a slab or a column would occlude all other objects in the scene if/when you place a camera inside it.

RH-79582 is fixed in Rhino 8 Service Release 4 Release Candidate

More v8 macOS printing issues here.

Here is what the detail on a sheet layout looks like vs. PDF output:

PDF output:

Hi @John_Williams,
Would it be possible to send us this file so we can try to repeat the bug?
Thanks,
-Steve

Model is 120MB. Let me know how to transfer it.

John Williams

404.512.1891 (m)

www.shibuidesign.com

Here’s a link to our upload system
https://www.rhino3d.com/upload

Just uploaded the model file.