Rhino 7 icon's is overlapped in rhino 6

so for whats it worth, i just uninstalled rhino 6 to see if the icon would change to 7. It did not. so i tried to follow the steps listed above by EricM and now when rhino 7 opens it doesn’t have an icon at all! when i right click, it still wants to open rhino 6.

1 Like

I am in the exact same boat. Yesterday I uninstalled both 6 and 7. Went through my computer and registry and nuked anything with McNeel. Followed the steps listed above and now I am where @sbaker is. if I try to click the icon after I close Rhino it gives me this.2021-03-16 09_48_30-Settings

Here is the properties of the shortcut windows pinned. (keep in mind there is NO rhino 6 on my computer anymore, also, My Rhino 7 is installed on a different drive, E:\ in my case)

having the same issue as @station6.

edit: I’ll add that the Rhino 7 shortcut does work if you pin it to your start menu. this seems to be a taskbar-specific issue.

Just here to say that I’m in the same boat. And because of this little quirk I can no longer right click the Rhino Icon in my taskbar (which says Rhino 6 even though its Rhino 7 that’s open) to open other files which is sort of annoying. I know I can work around it but there must be a way to fix this.

1 Like

same problem here (Rhino 6 unintsalled.). Quite annoying, hope Mcneel fixes this soon.

Don’t hold your breath.
This thread is from November '20 and it wasn’t the first complaint about this behaviour either.
Come on McNeel, fix this!
It has been too long.

Hi, I also had this problem, nothing above here really help, so I uninstalled Rhino 6 and 7, deep cleaned al folders for old Rhino and McNeel files.
-Program Files
-Program Files (x86)
-ProgramData
-AppData\Local
-AppData\Roaming
Then restarted pc and Installed Rhino 7 first then Rhino 6 again. That seems to have fixed it. No more overlapping in the taskbar.