Accurate, organic modeling just got easier. Subdivision surface objects (SubD) open up many new workflows:
- Push and pull to explore complex, free-form shapes in real-time.
- SubD objects are highly accurate and can be converted directly to manufacturable solids.
- Convert scan or mesh data into SubD objects, then optionally to NURBS.
- Download Rhino 7 WIP for Windows or Mac
- Watch a video from our tutorials on the SubD modeling process:
- Detailed Documentation on releases and current features
- Ask questions and give feedback on the SubD forum.
- Grasshopper: There are new SubD-capable Grasshopper components.
- Developer: use the Rhino.Geometry.SubD object in RhinoCommon for C# and Python.
This is a work in progress feature and we are looking for feedback.
Overview of SubD modeling and its uses