Rhino 5 (Rhino common SDK 5.0), digitizer

Hi!, im developing a rhino digitizer plugin, using the Rhino common SDK C# v5.0. There is a way to change the behavior of the _Digitize command?, When the user run this command and the digitizer is already connected, this command runs the _DigCalibrate, this cause a loss of the coordinate system. Im trying to prevent this. Thanks.

Sorry no.

When the Digitize command is run, if the digitizer is not calibrated, then Rhino will try to calibrate it.

I don’t understand the “loss of coordinate system.” Perhaps I need more information?

– Dale

Yes, when the Digitize command is run, if the digitizer is not calibrated, then Rhino will try to calibrate it.
But When the digitizer is already calibrated, and i run the Digitize command, rhino still want calibrate it. ( I would appreciate omitting that second calibration ). Because the problem is when the user press “ESC” (cancel the calibration process, while rhino is asking for the Origin, X or Y point), the actual calibration is erased. And when the coordinate system (digitizer calibration) is erased, the points that i send with the function SendPoints, are not refreshed in rhino. :frowning:

In other words, i want calibrate just when the user run the command _DigCalibrate. I hope to be clear :slight_smile:

Okay, a second example is the next.
When i run the command Digitize for the first time, rhino ask me for calibration, But if the user cancel this command, (pressing ESC), rhino will not have a calibration. This produce that rhino does not have a digitizer calibration, and in this way i cant send points with SendPoints.

There is a way to prevent this?.. thanks :slight_smile:

This is true and is by design. I’m still trying to understand what problem you are trying to solve? Why is this a problem?

This is more like a usability problem. I try that the user does not accidentally lose his calibration. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I think maybe the name “Digitize” is the problem here. The command is meant to do a couple of things. Get the digitizer talking to Rhino and get the digitizer frame of reference associated with a Rhino coordinate space (ie. DigCalibrate). While the name seems to indicate it might, it does not create any points. For that you want to use a command like DigSketch with the points option. In fact, you may be able to just run that command. I know from running it myself that it will prompt for a digitizer if there is not one already connected. Since I don’t have a digitizer myself I could not confirm if it runs through the calibration if it’s not already calibrated.

Tim