I’ve been getting similar errors with missed trims on NURBS objects exported as ACIS solids from Revit. AutoCAD seems to be able to read them in correctly, but Rhino creates circles, cylinders, and tori. Using Revit 2017 and Rhino 5 on a 64 bit machine, I’ve tried:
- Exporting from Revit using different units (exporting as mm usually produces best results)
- Raising/Lowering each property in DocumentProperties>Units (Raising increases number of errors, lowering helps, but does not stop errors.
- Using the 32 bit version of Rhino (no change)
- Using open instead of import (no change)
- Using different file templates as a starting point (mm small objects works best)
Attached is an example chair that imports with varying degrees of errors, and an image of my best attempt at a clean import.
Is there any good documentation out there that will shed some light on how/why these errors occur? Not sure if I should keep poking around Rhino settings, check Revit, or if it’s some combination of the two.
ChairTest2.dwg (3.6 MB)