Request for more developer samples utilizing Xeto for UI

Dear @dale, mostly suggested approach here for writing eto UI is in C# as far as I know. Developer samples cover also only C# (unless I missed something).

UI in eto can be written in:

• One .cs file, no preview
  • Two files: .cs (code behind) and .eto.cs (view), giving access to preview in Visual Studio with eto extension
  • Two files: .xeto (xaml like view) and .xeto.cs (code behind), giving access to preview in Visual Studio with eto extension
  • Two files: .jeto (json like view) and .jeto.cs (code behind), giving access to preview in Visual Studio with eto extension.

From some time I have experience with WPF, and I feel writing UI in xaml is more efficient than pure C#. I know that preview for eto is not the same as for WPF, but it is still better than nothing.

Is it possible to prepare sample similar to rhino-developer-samples/rhinocommon/cs/SampleCsEto at 7 · mcneel/rhino-developer-samples · GitHub using xeto with ViewModels, Binding and ICommands (if supported by eto). I saw RhinoUI have some internal ViewModel class but I did not see anything for DelegateCommand/RelayCommand. I feel seperating those will be more MVVM like and help to create more clean and testable code.

Also there might be less questions about MVVM on forum :slight_smile:

Trying to replace eto with xaml like Avalonia may need to reference 100mb of Avalonia dlls :grimacing: and I am not a fan of that.

Thank you
Łukasz

Hi @mlukasz87,

I create all of my Eto forms and view models using straight C#, and I don’t know anything about xeto or jeto, etc… Sorry.

– Dale