Request for Information on Efficient Wire Design in Rhino

I am writing to request information regarding efficient wire design in Rhino software. Specifically, I am in need of guidance on designing a wire attached with a connector for a given circuit, as illustrated by the red lines. The wire in question is specified as AWM-AWG 22/7-1007/1569 (Metrofunk Kabel-Union GmbH), and the connector is identified as WR-WTB 2.54mm Female 6Pin Terminal Hsng.
Given my limited knowledge of wire design in Rhino, I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with the necessary resources or instructions to design the wire accurately and precisely. Any assistance in outlining the fundamental steps for wire design would be immensely valuable.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to receiving your guidance and recommendations.

Hi Student, Are you trying to make a 2d schematic type drawing or a 3d type drawing or model? As far as the connector, you may have to find a physical one and model it if you needing it that way.
Some of the best help you can get here is a file and an example of what you are trying to achieve.
If you work with curves and the Pipe command , that might get you there. Good luck.—Mark

1 Like

I make a 3D type drawing and follow the curves and pipe commands. Thank you for your suggestion.

As to the connector: It is not unusual today for manufacturers and/or part suppliers to offer 2d or 3D models of parts on their websites in various file formats. (in case you were not already aware of that.)
If a search shows one available for your connector you will need to select a file format that can be read or imported by Rhino.

1 Like

If you have lots of wires, curve piping render mesh modifier is better than Pipe command because large number of wires do not slow down Rhino.

1 Like