Recall previous commands from command line

Hello all, apologies if this has been covered before but I’ve been trying to find a way to call previous commands from the command line. Similar to the up arrow in ACad or typical command line interfaces.

I know the middle mouse button pop-up can show this list but would like to have it available through keyboard input, is there a way to map this via alias, script or other method?

You can righ-click on the command line for the popup list of recently used command.
The command is "_PopupMenu", it can be assigned to an alias or keyboard shortcut.

Thanks for the reply Jarek, I’ve got that command mapped as alias P.

Sometimes I’ll use this quite often so was hoping to find a more direct method, similar to the up/down arrow buttons without the clicking.

Technically once you have the popup menu, you can use up/down arrow keys to navigate it and Enter to make a selection. How else would you envision this should work?

Personally, I’d just have the up arrow key directly recall previous commands. I don’t think I’ve ever used the manual nudge.

As this is what the little clickable arrow buttons do I was hoping there could be a straightforward remap.