Rebuilding Surface

Rebuild.gh (8.6 KB)

Hello everyone, I need help.
I am trying to make a parametric surface by rebuilding points. I tried all points of the surface to go up and down by the Z axis. But I want just one point to move more flexibly. I separated the point but I don’t know how to make a surface from the points I have got.

I attached a GH file. welcome any advice and tips.

There’s the surface from points component

Surf_From_Points.gh (12.1 KB)
as Martin said, see the use of surface from point

Surf_From_Points.gh (30.1 KB)

Thank y’all. It helps me to make what I want but I want to make it smarter, haha. I made it in a bit unsmart way because I failed to organize list data that I splitted (Figure 003).

As you can see in the bottom picture, A is the original data list and I separated the data to B,C because I want to give C more flexibility of movement.
Now in order to make the surface from points(E), I have to reorganize the lists (D). But it doesn’t work due to the wrong order. It is not like the order of the data list like A.

Is there a way of reorganizing the data like the way it used to be?

Thank you for your time guys. I really appreciate it.

Surf_From_Points_With Sift-Combine.gh (13.2 KB)
since you are splitting the list into 2 and then trying to combine them back, there are 2 components that can work in tandem, Sift Pattern and Combine Data.
see the example I’m attaching and let me know your thoughts.

Thank you so much, you are a lifesaver!!
Can I split one more point to make it move flexibly? It’s the same but two points have their own movement. I have tried to use a merge component as a pattern but I am stuck again…

You can go with many sifts as you can, I don’t suggest merging outputs since you won’t retain the “Nulls” in your case they are important. see proposed solution.
Surf_From_Points_With Sift-Combine.gh (17.2 KB)

If you are looking to add more flexible points you will likely need to use Split Tree and work on a more complex data structure.

1 Like

Wow… Thank you so much… I really need to understand the managing data trees lol. Would you recommend any website or course to learn it??

there is a very good youtube playlist by David Rutten, Grasshopper’s Father. Totally Recommended.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day!

1 Like

Make sure to mark a solution. So other people can benefit from it

1 Like