Real life product design examples made in Rhino

Hard to find any actual photos of that hotel and I was starting to wonder is it was another ‘rendered reality’ creation like Hadid yachts. However I did find this but it sounds like it is a bit behind schedule, wonder why?

1 Like

The worlds full of ‘beautiful’ renders :slight_smile:. No idea why its not finished, maybe it’s not meant to be finished yet, or maybe because its hard to do its taking time, who knows, but mostly designed in Rhino, you can find a feature video on the Rhino Vimeo channel here

The Sagrada Familia in Barcelona is another “not finished” project where Rhino is used:

8 Likes

hahahaha, yeh and they been building that for 100+ years :slight_smile:

Gereard Petersen at UK Rhino User Meeting 2011\ 280x333
Kenau

12 Likes

Wow, that is exquisite. Saw the whole build process on your website. Congratulations on a beautiful design.

Thanks Jakob. I’m an audiophile, and I love Dynaudio loudspeakers. Some of the absolute best in the business.

1 Like

Yes, I know exactly what you mean :slight_smile:

Some bike manufacturers seem to be using SolidWorks surfacing quite well to create very highly stylized organic shapes. But I wouldn’t think it would be the first choice for that.

We designed one product with Pro/E surfacing (back in the day). Then we switched to SolidWorks and I designed his baby brother. You can tell in the photographs that the surfacing of Pro/E was much more fair than SolidWorks. I won’t be getting Pro/E (or Creo) as a freelancer, so looking to Rhino to improve my surfacing.

Will try importing some Rhino surfaces as starting points in SolidWorks model. If updating that first imported “seed” surface ever allowed all downstream SolidWorks features to rebuild, that would be quite impressive.

1 Like

I remember that one - that thing is soooo nice. Thanks for the reminder…

-Pascal

Here’s one, HAG FUTU, designed and prototyped fullscale in Rhino.
HAG is very focused on ergonomics (easy to adjust, good movements and even has options to go beyond 90 “percentile man” for the Netherlands market (the tallest population in Europe) and our main mission was to make an excellent sitting tool that would blend discreetly into most environments. And they are also very environment friendly, so all good materials with focus on recycling and durability.

5 Likes

I heard, the industrial designer created the initial surfaces for the interior ABS parts of the Delfis CR (Ambulance Vehicle) using Rhino :wink:

https://www.ambu-tech.ch/index.php/fahrzeuge/57-delfis-crafter (a retailer)

I got this thread confused with another and wanted to get my posts back in the right place. I had shown a photo of a sailboat design I did in Rhino that the client got cold feet when he saw the full bid price. I hope someone takes this one off of the back burner someday but the original client has bought a nice used boat from Europe and sailed it back here and his dream boat lives on in the 2d AutoCAD drawings done by Robert Perry Yacht Designers and my Rhino3D models.

This is another Bob Perry design that I did the Rhino work on that did get built and is to be followed by three sisterships, all for the same family! The builder uses Rhino but even so many elements get prototyped such as the bowsprit.

4 Likes

Here a few where design was defined in Rhino.

Mediwave-Scaldis-Cleanizmir-metro

11 Likes

I designed this sculpture (and many others) in Rhino:

12 Likes

Seriously you guys? These are incredible! I especially like the OGHAB bus interior, and the sleek exteriors of the trains.

@ericg
Do you mean the whole exterior of the green Deutz-Fahr was modeled in Rhino? There must be some combination of Rhino surfacing with some other mechanical 3D modeling package, is that right?

@4sculpture
I love artwork and sculpture. This is fantastic. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks! Here’s another one I designed in Rhino:

3 Likes

Heath Satow’s sculpture work too:
http://www.publicsculpture.com/portfolio.html

2 Likes

On the combine harvester, all cladding parts (most of the green parts) have been modelled in Rhino. Now that particular project was not that challenging, dashboards are a bit more complicated. Usually, we develop the outer skin which gets imported in whatever software our clients or their engineering partners use.

1 Like

Any more examples? How about smaller consumer goods or the like?