Read File relative to Hops file location?

I’m loading a script using the hops component.

The script tries loading external files which are stored on a relative path.

To be able to read file with the Read File component, I convert the relative path in an absolute path.

But it seems like the Hops script is run from another location then where it is stored on the drive, resulting in a wrong path:

Got:
Could not create a file event watcher for: C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\IronPython\Lib\aec_brisesoleil\aec_brisesoleil.py: component "Read File"

Expected:
C:\Hops\pattern_library\aec_brisesoleil\aec_brisesoleil.py

Is there a way to read files relative to the Hops file?

Hi @AndyPayne, I’m trying to read a file that is in the same folder as the Hops definition, but without luck. It seems like Hops is still looking in the wrong folder.

Could not find file 'C:\Users\shwde\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\Hops\0.15.0\compute.geometry\test.html'.: component "Read File" (3ddee979-2be6-47d5-9175-6b8d53859e38)

Is this supposed to work?

So… if I use this file (see below)

and then I reference that file into a Hops component like this

Then it appears to work on my end. You have to set the path as a full path. Relative paths don’t work (to my knowledge). Also, what component are you using on the top “RelPath”?

Thank you Andy!

The point is that I want to be able to access a file that is stored relatively to the Hobs file,
but apperently the Hops file is run from

\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\Hops\0.15.0\compute.geometry\

instead of its stored location.

Any attempt to access a file by converting a relative path into an absolute path will hence fail.

The component is from Metahopper: