@eddi, yes Loose, not Smooth. Sorry, I was typing from memory.
@pascal, my issue with a zero length edge is FlowAlongSrf and control point editing. 95% of the time I’m using pipe with a round cap. For the other 5%:
- I’m not dealing with a circle
- I need to control point edit some part of it and the singular point for the zero length edge is a problem.
- I need to use FlowAlongSrf
The manual shapes I’m making are G0, but not quite G1/2 continuous. They’re close and I end up washing them in 3DCoat to remove the fraction that isn’t. I go this route because they Smash really well and are easily editable. If I wanted to do it all in Rhino, I could add a BlendSrf transition from my pipe to the cap and make everything G2.
I guess BlendSrf does the best auto job for this. It turns out heavy surfaces I wouldn’t want to manually edit, but the 2 zero length edges are not right smack in the center of the surface so they Smash really well.