Quadro K620 vs. K1200

Can anyone educate me about the significant working differences between these 2 & 4 GB cards.

I’m not sure if the price difference warrants the purchase. Mainly to be used for jewelry.

Thanks
Paul

Hello, for modeling, the graphic card isn’t a primary choice since Rhino doesn’t use the GPU, so, if you need to design complex models I suggest you a good CPU with 32GB RAM, if you need to do high quality renderings, then, first of all, be sure that the software that you want to use takes advantage of the GPU power. I have a hp Z230 Intel Xeon E3 with Nvidia K620 and works very well. If you need realtime render previews, then an high level GPU card is suggested but I would choice for M2000 or M4000 models.

Massimiliano

@massimiliano
Thank you. You helped me realize that the graphics card can be changed but the processor can’t.

I recently upgraded from a K600 to a K1200. I was primarily looking for a performance boost with V-Ray RT but hoped it might help Rhino’s viewport too. If it has, it is a minor improvement. Truth be told, V-Ray RT is still rather slow but it is better than it was. I suspect you probably need one of the really exotic (expensive) cards to see a see major improvements.

@MisterB

Thanks for your feedback. On 08/06/16, MisterB<mcneel@discoursemail.com> wrote: MisterB

August 6

I recently upgraded from a K600 to a K1200. I was primarily looking for a performance boost with V-Ray RT but hoped it might help Rhino's viewport too. If it has, it is a minor improvement. Truth be told, V-Ray RT is still rather slow but it is better than it was. I suspect you probably need one of the really exotic (expensive) cards to see a see major improvements.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

@appersoft

Thank you for responding. It made me realize that the CPU is there to stay but the graphics card can be chafed in the future if I want to.