Project unworkable in Rhino 7

I’ve sent a link to a one-room project which takes ten minutes just to open a layout or deactivate a detail window. It’s only one room. If I deactivate Va it doesn’t take so long. I’ve copied everything into a Rhino 6 file in the hopes that it will work better there.

Hello,

Please, could you send us the file to visualarq@asuni.com? We will take a look to figure out the problem.

Hi @alfmelbev,

The user sent the file to my personal email. I’ll forward it to you.

Enric

Hi @djhg,

I have been working with your file. It looks like what is causing the slow performance is using the dynamic section display inside the viewports. Using Section View or Plan View makes it much faster so maybe in this case that could be an optioin. Anyway, I’ll report the issue to see if this can be improved.

Thankyou Alfonso. This is a serious shortcoming. That’s only one 11x17 page of a one room Rhino project. My workflow now relies on dynamic sections, at the encouragement of Asuni. My computer is only about two years old and the project runs quite workably on Rhino 6.

Can a version of the software be written which solves this?

Hi @djhg,

I’ve opened this file with VisualARQ 2.11, and layouts are opened relatively fast, in about 3 to 5 seconds. This time is normal, as VisualARQ needs to compute graphics caches for objects. Moreover, the 11x17_1.1 has 8 details, so it’s pretty normal that this layout takes some time to open the first. The second time you try to open it is instantaneous.

I see you’re using VisualARQ 2.10.2, and I remember I sent you an installer for VisualARQ 2.11 to solve precisely the same issue. Here is the topic:

Why did you rollback to VisualARQ 2.10.2? Did you find any issues with VisualARQ 2.11? I’m asking that because we’re about to publish VisualARQ 2.11 very soon, and I want to make sure there are no serious bugs in this new version.

If you want, I can send a new installer for VisualARQ 2.11.

Regards,

Enric

Thankyou. That’s good news. I did in fact install 2.11, but it appears that the installer only installed it on Rhino6. I suppose this is the problem. I don’t recall having the option of which installation of Rhino to install it in…

Hi @djhg,

I’ve just send you the latest installers in a PM.

Enric

That fixes it, thankyou. I see that there’s a separate installer for each version, and I belive you’d sent me the installers for each before also.