Problem with EditPythonScript

Hi Steve
i have installed Rhino V5 64 bit and all is ok but i have problem with Python Editor.
When i digit rs. don’t appear the cascade list

import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs
rs.

Example:

import rhinoscriptsyntax as rs
obj=rs.GetObject(“Get Object”)
print obj

Return the error:

Traceback:
line 8, in , "C:\Users\Utente\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\IronPython (814d908a-e25c-493d-97e9-ee3861957f49)\settings\lib\rhinoscript_init_.py"
line 2, in , "C:\Users\Utente\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\IronPython (814d908a-e25c-493d-97e9-ee3861957f49)\settings\lib\rhinoscriptsyntax.py"
line 1, in , “C:\Users\Utente\AppData\Local\Temp\TempScript.py

Best regard
Daniele

(Steve Baer) #2

That isn’t good. Let’s try resetting things.

• shut down all running Rhinos
  • in file explorer, go to C:\Users\Utente\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Plug-ins\IronPython (814d908a-e25c-493d-97e9-ee3861957f49)\settings
  • there should be a version.txt file in this directory. Delete the version.txt file
  • restart Rhino and try running EditPythonScript again. Hopefully things will start working again.

version.txt is a file I use to determine if I need to build the rhinoscriptsyntax library when EditPythonScript is first run. When the file isn’t found or it’s contents don’t match that of the current Rhino version (service release number is included in this version information) the code rebuilds the rhinoscriptsyntax package.

Hi Steve,

thanks for your reply, I do the operations that you tell me and now it is seem all goods.
The cascade list now it is display.

Best regard
Daniele