Problem adapting gh structure to a cut surface

grasshopper
unhandled

(Ali Dlg3) #1

Hello

This is the first proyect that I am making in Rhino/grasshopper, so I really apprecieate If someone can give me some advice

I am trying to make an arm cast, with a voronoi surface. I scanned an arm and made a surface from it in Rhino.
The arm cast consist in two pieces that will be joined, the thing with the voronoi structure is that if I apply the code of gh in my surface and cut the solid I will be cutting through holes and that will make my cast less resistent, so I though of cutting the arm surface in a half ( I managed to do It with the Contour and Trim commands using a intersection plane) and apply the gh code on both surface

The problem gets when I applied it, because gh make my voronoi structure as if the surface of the arm were complete ( It is like I didn’t cut it at all)

If someone can orientate my I would be very gratefull

Thank you
Morphed Voronoi_re.gh (48.2 KB)
s2.3dm (1.4 MB)
s1.3dm (2.3 MB)
2703.3dm (16.2 MB)

@ali.dlg3,

if you turn points on for your trimmed arm cast surface, you’ll see that the untrimmed surface still is present. I would suggest to re-create the lofted surface with the rebuild option first, so you don’t get such an ugly result.

Then do not trim the whole arm cast surface but use _Split using the _Isocurve option and _Shrink=Yes. The goal is to create both arm cast surfaces so they are untrimmed. Then it looks better. You may use the _Dir command and _SwapUV to control the direction of the surfaces.

ArmCast.3dm (261.0 KB)

_
c.

(Ali Dlg3) #3

Thank you so much!

I will try this