Preventing wires from getting removed

Is there a way to stop conecting wires from being detached accidently ( Locking then in place )
I can hide them, but if a selection of components are selected a mistaken wire removal can occour if done wrong.

Once a grasshopper set has been finelised and approved, can parts of it get protection from being edited.

Hm, I don’t think so. One thing that comes to mind though are component clusters that you can password protect (at least in Windows Rhino).

1 Like

Thank you for the option,

The cluster password still permits wire removal ! so seems a bit pointless.

It would be nice to be able to lock a group!

You could use the DataInput and DataOutput components to split your definition in multiple files. This way approved sections could become their own files. A disadvantage is the definition as a whole becomes less readable

The wires would go inside the cluster, behind a password. If the “super” user (who has the password) doesn’t know what he can delete the issue is not with GH. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyways, I do agree that this could be useful. Sometimes I forget I have multiple wires connected to an input and I drag another without holding [kbd]shift[/kbd] which disconnects all the other wires :frowning:

I have created a complex set that others are going to use, they know nothing about how grasshopper works.

All they do is change the input values, then bake the result. What can happen is when they go to select the group to bake, they unknowingly fumble a wire removal.

It would be useful to protect a group from having its wires detached.

@glugwort,

Why is it a group and not a cluster with password?

Again, I do agree this is a nice feature, but your current issue seems a problem with the workflow :wink:

Hi - you could probably use the Remote Control Panel and publish the required input sliders and a bake button to that panel.

An example of a bake button can be found here:

-wim